Cats Protection League Canterbury Incorporated
Cats Protection League
The Cats Protection League was established in 1973 and our aims are:
- To relieve suffering and distress amongst cats and kittens, including the provision of food, shelter and veterinary assistance.
- To encourage owners of cats and kittens to have their animals speyed and neutered.
- To find suitable homes for healthy stray cats and kittens.
- To provide for the humane destruction of cats and kittens when necessary.
- To give advice and help to owners of cats and kittens and promote public awareness of the need for speying and neutering.
We help where we can and our office is open from 10am to 4pm weekdays (except public holidays) at 14 Charlesworth Street, Woolston providing advice and a number of services. These include:
- Subsidised desexing through our Feline Fix desexing programme
- Assistance with urgent veterinary treatment where cost is an issue
- Low cost flea and worm treatment
- Lost and found register
- Hire of trapping and holding cages
- Taking in stray, abandoned and unwanted cats and kittens. We operate by way of wait list and prioritise based on urgency.
We rehome cats, kittens and teenagers from our cattery at 14 Charlesworth Street, Woolston which is open from 11am to 2.30pm Tuesday to Friday and Sunday (except public holidays) and 11am to 3pm Saturday. All of our cats are desexed, vaccinated, microchipped, vet checked, fleaed and wormed prior to being put up for adoption.
We also have an opportunity shop at 475 Worcester Street, Linwood where donated goods are sold to fundraise for our organisation. Donations of household goods, excluding furniture can be made between 10am and 4pm weekdays (except public holidays).
Cash donations are appreciated and can be made at 14 Charlesworth Street, Woolston, direct to our bank account, BNZ 02-0842-0003160-00, to our Givealittle page or by post to PO Box 32047, Linwood, Christchurch 8147.
Our contact details are:
Office - 03-3766094, email: firstname.lastname@example.org ·
Cattery - 03-3840006, email: email@example.com
Shop – 03-3899068 · Website - https://www.cats.org.nz/